Friday, August 31, 2012

We have a Kindergartener!

Jack's first day in school has come and gone.  He proudly put on his uniform and I packed his bag, filled his water bottle, made his lunch, and bagged a snack. 



He trotted off to the bus while Marc and I walked with him, poor baby Claire was still asleep in her bed.  Luckily the stop isn't far from the house.  The bus finally came and he climbed the steps, turning once with teary eyes and said he didn't want to go.  We smiled and waved and wished him well.  He found a seat behind the driver and they drove away down the boulevard.

I cried like a baby.

I got to be there at the school, and after stopping for my favorite coffee, was able to see him get off the bus. 





He found his seat, greeted his teachers, and went on about his day. 

And I waited with bells on for our little big boy to get off the bus that afternoon. 


2 comments:

  1. What a bittersweet day....he is adorable and his mama is pretty special too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Djp is you mn kickboxing buddy

    ReplyDelete